Fascinating Facts About Teenagers Today
Do you have teenage kids? The teenage years are tough ones and (if you're reading this) you've gone through them…and if you haven't? Stick around and see if you can relate to any of these fascinating facts about teenagers today.
You might know some of these facts. Then again, you might not! I didn't know the first one!
- Teenagers Are Probably Clumsy For Good Reason
Many teenagers shoot up so fast that their brains cannot keep up. As their height increases, their center of gravity lifts. This happens so quickly that the brain does not get a chance to calculate the new rules for balancing.Clumsiness is often unavoidable. Source BBC/science and the human body
This teenager in the photograph was going over 25
- Teenagers Growth Spurt
Timing is everything. No teenager wants to be developing too quickly, or lagging behind. In reality though many teenagers grow up much earlier or later than the average and this is perfectly normal.
- The average teenage boy is growing the fastest between 14 and 15. Girls start earlier, growing fastest when 12 and 13.
- Girls also end their growth spurt earlier at 18, while boys tend to need another two years before they finish growing aged 20.
- Teenage Girls Feel Under Pressure
According to a Dove Global Report conducted in ten countries (from Brazil, Canada, China, Germany, Italy, Japan, Mexico, Saudi Arabia, the United Kingdom and the United States) reported the following facts about teenage girls…
- Over 70 percent of girls age 15 to 17 avoid normal daily activities, such as attending school, when they feel bad about their looks.
- 75 percent of girls with low self-esteem reported engaging in negative activities like cutting, bullying, smoking, drinking, or disordered eating. This compares to 25 percent of girls with high self-esteem.
- More than 90 percent of girls (15 to 17 years) want to change at least one aspect of their physical appearance, with body weight ranking the highest.
- A girl’s self-esteem is more strongly related to how she views her own body shape and body weight, than how much she actually weighs.
- Teenagers & Social Life
According to a US national survey from CTIA and Harris Interactive Poll.
- A majority (57%) of teens view their cell phone as the key to their social life.Second only to clothing, teens also say, a person’s cell phone tells the most about their social status or popularity, outranking jewelry, watches and shoes.
- Nearly half (47%) of US teens say their social life would end or be worsened without their cell phone.
- Texting Is The New Way To Talk
The same study from #4 also confirmed that texting is replacing talking among teens. Teens admitted spending nearly an equal amount of time talking as they do texting each month. Like it or loathe it, this is the new way to communicate. Other facts included;
- Texting with eyes closed
This was an extraordinary fact (again from the same study) but I guess with over 1 billion text messages sent each day extraordinary things can evolve from it, such as this….
- 42% of teens say they can text blindfolded
Please go to the next page to see some more fascinating facts about teenagers today